Bolshevik factory was one of the oldest confectionery businesses in Russia and was founded in Moscow in 1855 by French entrepreneur Adolf Sioux. Back then its name was “A. Siu and K” and it quickly grew a chain of brand stores in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev and Warsaw.
In 1913, after the start of the production of the famous “Jubilee” cookies, named after the 300th anniversary of the Romanovs' house on the Russian throne, the factory was given the status of “Supplier of His Imperial Majesty's Court”, which was a really big deal back then.
Nationalized after the October Revolution of 1917, in 1924 it was given the current name "Bolshevik", and during the Soviet times it was one of the most important confectionery factories in USSR. So important, in fact, that until the end of the 80s only two organizations in USSR, - the Bolshevik factory and the scientific research institute of the confectionery industry had the right to give an expert opinion on the raw materials used in the confectionery industry!
After the fall of USSR and transition to capitalism, the factory has been privatized and later changed the owners several times, the last of which decided to shut down the production and use the expensive land of the factory for the commercial real estate development instead. The brand itself, though, is still alive, and the famous “Jubilee” cookies you can still buy in our shop!