Red October factory is the oldest confectionery enterprise in Russia and also one of the largest and most famous confectionery manufacturers in Moscow.
The official date of foundation of the company is 1851. This year, a candy and chocolate making workshop opened on the Arbat street by the citizen of Wurttemberg city by the name of Theodor Ferdinand von Einem. In 1869, entrepreneur Julius Geis joined J. Einem and together they have opened a pastry shop on Teatralnaya Square in Moscow and also modernized the factory, - they bought the newest steam engine abroad and built the first factory building on the Sofia Embankment of the Moscow River. After that the company grew steadily and became one of the biggest and most famous confectionary makers in Russia, producing a lot of various sweets many of which brought internationally recognized awards to the factory. For the constant high quality of its products in 1913 Einem was awarded the title of supplier of the court of His Imperial Majesty.
After the October Revolution of 1917, the factory was nationalized and re-named “State Confectionery Factory No. 1, the former Einem”, and in 1922 it was given its present name "Red October". The reputation of the factory as a quality confectionery manufacturer and a caring employer has been maintained, and it was distinguished from the rest by the high labor culture and the additional benefits enjoyed by the company's employees, so it was prestigious to work here. Which, in turn, had a positive effect on the quality of the products, which have enjoyed great success not only in the former USSR, but abroad as well. By the middle of 1931 “Red October” became the largest confectionery factory in Moscow with more than 5,000 workers and many specialists who have developed the famous Russian brands, such as “Alyonka”, “In-toed Bear”, “Karakum”, “Soufle”, “Kis-Kis” and many more.
Today, the Red October factory produces more than 240 confectionery products, many of which you can buy in our shop.